DUST OFF YOUR LUST
I am on a mission to relight my sexual desire / libido by analyzing my life, thoughts and routine. Being a mum, wife and entrepreneur must be combinable with feeling free, worthy and loved. Join me on a journey of self-love!
You can head straight over to Instagram for some light-hearted content and my video diary or have a browse at the topics and mission.
Here is the short version (long version below):
After losing myself and my libido after having kids I am on a mission to relight my sexual desire by analyzing my life, my thoughts and my routine.
I’m not reinventing the wheel here but I’m at a point in my life where everything is suffering.
My relationship isn’t what it once was, I’m permanently exhausted and without any sort of drive whether sexual or otherwise and our family dynamics are completely off.
It’s a holistic approach that will bring balance again with each of us playing our part but above all; I’m making changes for me. Because if I have more energy, I can give my attention to my family again.
If you would like to join me on my journey, please let me know!
The following gives you an insight into me as a person and also the methods, ideas and routines I will be using.
How am I going about it?
- routine upheaval (and maintenance)
- professional therapy for PTSD & anxieties
- self-care work
- exercise routine (that is very simple!!)
- meditation (other than staring blankly at a wall when the kids are asleep)
- more hobbies (or 1 to start with!)
- nutritional changes
- friendship re-evaluations
- relationship revival
- more masturbation (how did I leave that one til last!)
It feels like a mountain but if I don’t start now, I‘m destined to spiral into something much more serious.
How I feel at the moment:
- In a constant spiral of second guessing
- Fueled by worry and anxieties
- Low self-esteem
- Mentally exhausted from endless to-do lists
- Insufficiently challenged
- Focussing on the wrong things
How I want to feel again:
- Undisturbed by my to-do’s
- Confident and worthy
- Not think about possible calamities
- Able to laugh with my kids
- Snuggle with my husband
- Quality time with my friends
- Feel worthy of spending time alone
I WANT TO BE MORE PRESENT!
From experiment to habit
According to a 2009 study published in the European Journal of Social Psychology, it takes 18 to 254 days for a person to form a new habit. The study also concluded that, on average, it takes 66 days for a new behavior to become automatic. Source: Healthline.
Admittedly, I am bad at being consequent so 66 days seems incredibly daunting. My journey will be 30 days to start with and then we’ll see how I’m doing (ideally I’d like to see results as well as new habits!).
The libido scale
Every day I will give you an update and an honest assessment of the progress of my libido status.
From one to 10 and my emotional state of mind!
Where to find me
I will share my journey with you as follows:
- Webpage: the details of the experiment
- Instagram (mummys_coming): Stories with live, current events and feelings, posts with inspiration & big moments, IG live when there are particular things to celebrate or commiserate!
So that’s the lowdown. It looks and feels like a lot but I think being consequent is going to be my biggest difficulty. With kids at home over half of the day all consequential habits can be difficult to maintain but I am adamant to do it!
The occasional glitch is normal but I’m keen to change my habits and routines to be the happiest version of myself!
Reels, posts & information on Instagram:
© 2022 pleasepinchmehard. All rights reserved.